Ayeee, y’all know pregnancy cravings can be wild, right? Let me put you on some of the top cravings during pregnancy and why we crave them.
Pickle Me This
Now, we all know a pregnant woman with a pickle in her hand ain’t nothing new. But why do we crave pickles when we’re growing a human being? Is our taste buds just playing tricks on us? Nah, sis.
The vinegar in pickles helps ease nausea and can also regulate our blood sugar levels. Pregnancy can make our blood sugar levels go crazy, so pickles help level us out.
Ice Cream For Two
Now, I know we all love ice cream, but when you’re pregnant, it’s a whole ‘nother level. And there’s a scientific explanation to why we want that sweet, creamy goodness.
Pregnancy can cause our bodies to be deficient in calcium, so we crave things like ice cream to get that extra dose. And let’s not forget about those mood-boosting endorphins that come along with indulging in some ice cream.
Mac & Cheese Please
Now let me tell you, ain’t nothing hits the spot like some good ole mac & cheese. And when you’re pregnant, that craving only intensifies. But why?
Well, our bodies need extra protein to support our growing babies, and cheese is a great source of protein. Plus, let’s not forget those carbs that give us that extra energy boost we need during pregnancy.
Recipe Alert: Pickle Roll-Ups
- Deli ham slices
- Cream cheese
- Dill pickle spears
- Lay ham slices flat and spread a thin layer of cream cheese over each one.
- Place a pickle spear on one end of the ham slice and roll tightly.
- Cut into bite-sized pieces and enjoy!
Recipe Alert: Homemade Mac & Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1-2 minutes until it starts to turn golden brown.
- Add milk slowly to the flour mixture, whisking constantly. Cook for 7-8 minutes, whisking occasionally until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble. Add garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Remove from heat and whisk in 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese until melted and smooth.
- Stir in macaroni until fully coated with cheese sauce.
- Pour into a large baking dish and top with remaining 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Serve hot and enjoy!
So there you have it, y’all. Some of the most common pregnancy cravings and the science behind them. And if you’re feeling inspired, try out those recipe alerts for some tasty eats. Happy craving!
If you are looking for Pin on Preparing For Baby you’ve came to the right page. We have 5 Pictures about Pin on Preparing For Baby like Pregnancy Cravings: The secret behind those weird choices (Infographic, Latched On Mom: 15 Familiar Pregnancy Cravings & What They Mean and also Pregnancy Cravings: The secret behind those weird choices (Infographic. Read more:
Pin On Preparing For Baby
Pregnancy Cravings: The Secret Behind Those Weird Choices (Infographic
pregnancy pregnant cravings food foods most weird craved eat comfort craving crave those diet spicy sheknows infographic choices secret behind
25 Of The Weirdest Pregnancy Cravings | TheThings
pregnancy cravings weirdest
Latched On Mom: 15 Familiar Pregnancy Cravings & What They Mean
Top Pregnancy Cravings And Their Scientific Explanation
pregnancy cravings explanation scientific their author
Cravings midwifeandlife. 25 of the weirdest pregnancy cravings. Pin on preparing for baby