Pregnancy can be a wonderful time in a woman’s life, full of joy and excitement as she prepares to bring a new life into the world. But it can also be daunting, as the body goes through many changes and there are so many unknowns. That’s why it’s comforting to know that there is a patron saint of pregnancy – St. Gerard Majella.
Who was St. Gerard Majella, you may ask? Well, he was a Catholic lay brother who lived in the 18th century and was known for his holiness, devotion to God, and miraculous healings. He is particularly popular among expectant mothers and couples trying to conceive, as he is believed to intercede with God on their behalf.
But what makes St. Gerard Majella so special? Here are nine facts about him:
1. He was born in Italy in 1726 to a widowed mother and grew up poor.
2. He had a difficult childhood, as he was often sickly and was bullied by other children.
3. Despite his hardships, he had a strong faith in God from a young age and would spend hours praying and meditating.
4. When he was 23, he became a lay brother with the Redemptorists, a Catholic order dedicated to preaching the Gospel and helping the poor.
5. He was known for his extraordinary gifts of bilocation (being in two places at once), prophecy, and healing.
6. He was a friend of the famous Italian saint Alphonsus Liguori, and helped him establish the Redemptorist order in Naples.
7. He died in 1755 at the age of 29, from tuberculosis, but not before he made many prophecies that later came true.
8. He was canonized by Pope Pius X in 1904 and is celebrated on October 16th.
9. He is the patron saint of expectant mothers, childbirth, motherhood, and infertility, among other things.
If you are an expectant mother or trying to conceive, you may want to pray to St. Gerard Majella for his intercession. And to honor him, here is a recipe for a delicious and healthy pregnancy-friendly smoothie:
– 1 banana
– 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
– 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt
– 1 tablespoon of honey
– 1/4 cup of almond milk
1. Peel the banana and slice it into chunks.
2. Add the banana, frozen mixed berries, plain Greek yogurt, honey, and almond milk to a blender.
3. Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
4. Pour the smoothie into a glass and enjoy!
May St. Gerard Majella watch over you and your little one during this special time.
If you are looking for Saint Gerard Patron Saint Pregnancy Childbirth Motherhood you’ve visit to the right page. We have 5 Images about Saint Gerard Patron Saint Pregnancy Childbirth Motherhood like The Patron Saint of Pregnancy – 9 Facts about St. Gerard Majella, St Gerard Patron Saint of Pregnancy | Etsy and also This patron saint of pregnancy is too hardcore for words. Read more:
Saint Gerard Patron Saint Pregnancy Childbirth Motherhood
patron pregnancy gerard motherhood childbirth
The Patron Saint Of Pregnancy – 9 Facts About St. Gerard Majella
St Gerard Patron Saint Of Pregnancy | Etsy
Saint Gerard Patron Saint Pregnancy Childbirth By TheCherishedBead
pregnancy saint patron gerard childbirth lady catholic motherhood perpetual reversible necklace revisit later favorites add etsy choose board
This Patron Saint Of Pregnancy Is Too Hardcore For Words
patron pregnancy hardcore saint words too number depictions surprising
Gerard hmh. This patron saint of pregnancy is too hardcore for words. Saint gerard patron saint pregnancy childbirth motherhood